Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Student Art

Josh's Imaginary World

Amy's Toy Still Life




This week we learned about careful coloring. We were more thoughtful about what we were coloring and tried to not be in a hurry to finish. The students didn't draw anything, but instead, colored a coloring page. I colored along side them so they could see how to work with the colored pencils. We also talked about where to get ideas for artwork. Art books from the library are a good source. I have also been lucky finding some nice second hand art books. The students were encouraged to look for fun illustrations and practice drawing and coloring by copying (not tracing) art from books. I explained it's OK to do that for practice but, they can't claim the art as their own. The more the students draw, the more they will be familar with how to draw the things in the world around them. Draw anything and everything around the house. I have posted the coloring pages above. Also, Amy and Josh had finished work they wanted to post this week.