Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome

Thank you for visiting Snow Days Art Students. Summer art classes for students age eight years old and older begin on June 10, 2009. I will be teaching on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings beginning at 9:00 a.m. A private lesson for beginning students is $10.00 for a one hour lesson, once a week. A group lesson for two children, who are siblings or friends, is $7 per child for one hour, once a week. Payment will be made weekly. Summer session will go until the last week in July. I may arrange to teach some weeks in August but I'm unsure of my personal schedule for August right now.
Beginning drawing lessons will teach the students how to draw what they see and how to see what they want to draw. They will learn how to draw basic shapes and to give basic shapes dimension. They will learn shading and composition. They will then learn to add color with Prismacolor colored pencils. Students will be encouraged to keep an art journal and to practice drawing every day.